pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: How to remove MIME encoding?

From: Vitaly Samourov
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: How to remove MIME encoding?
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 00:28:40 +0400

Hello,
I have tested this (group preferences -> koi-8r), but it does not help.

Could the problem be here? -> Thunderbird uses my smtp server
for outgoing posts, but Pan allows sending only via news server
(Am I correct?)

Maybe news server does a MIME re-encoding?

Br
-Vitali

* Loki Harfagr <address@hidden> [Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:33:11 +0200]:
Le lundi 30 avril 2007, Vitaly Samourov a &#233;crit :
> "Your article [bla bla] as not posted to the newsgroup(s) because
of
> the
> following reason:
>
>         MIME-encoded headers present, not allowed
>
> In Fidonet there is no analogue of MIME, and Russian-language
articles
> must come in the encoding standard for the Internet (koi8-r).  Also,
due
> to the limitations of the gateway software, we cannot accept 7bit
> encapsulation like base64 or quoted-printable.  Please ensure that
your
> postings have:

> 7bit encoded 8bit data in the headers is allowed only with proper
> charset."
>
> Question is: can I set up Pan in such a way?

  Yes, in several places (as usual for Pan ;-)

  Easy way, in regard to your specific question, is for a special
group to set up the prefered encoding:
  RightClick on group name in the group list (really) and select
[Edit group preferences], in which you'll find the boxlist for
the 'char encoding', the choice between W1251 and KOI may interest you
:-)

  Maniac way might be to use set it each time you make a post,
that'll be in the Edit/SetCharEncoding panel in the 'Post Article'
window.

  Now, I'm sure you can fly high ;D)