pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Missing articles

From: Matej Cepl
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Missing articles
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 12:28:12 +0200

On 2007-04-02, 12:05 GMT, Frank Tabor wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 11:27:17 +0000, Matej Cepl wrote:
>
>> Steve Jeppesen scripst:
>>> does ignoring an author or subject do this?  perhaps you've setup some
>>> scoring rules that would do this if that's what is happening.
>>
>> no scoring rules here at all
>>
>> Matej
>
> Is it possible your provider "creates messages out of order"?  I know
> Supernews does, some of the others may, also.

Sorry for late answer (I have missed this article previously and
only discovered now when switching to slrn and local leafnode).
No, I don't think that't the problem -- servers in question is
gmane.org which I suspect behaves correctly and other one is
news.felk.cvut.cz (available only from .cz computers) which is
pretty huge well known academic server -- I would suspect again,
that if it would behave incorrectly, there was huge outcry.

Matej