pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Scoring broken?

From: Richard Gold
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Scoring broken?
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 15:32:34 -0500

Per Hedeland wrote:
I think I've seen some messages about scoring problems, but I didn't pay
much attention since I don't use it much - I do however use it
occasionaly for "kill file" functionality, i.e. set some authors to
-9999 in the hope of not seeing their posts. This definitely doesn't
work right in current versions (checked in 0.125 and 0.126) - when I
enter a group with no unread articles, the -9999 articles are included
in the header pane even though I don't have "Match Scores of -9999"
ticked in View -> Header Pane - the Score column is empty for those
posts.

If I actually select one of those articles, the -9999 appears in the
Score column, but that's a bit late... (And if I try to "Ignore Author"
it, Pan kindly informs me that I already have a matching entry...) If I
exit and restart Pan at that point, the articles are gone when I enter
the group. So, it seems scoring isn't applied to newly-fetched articles,
only to those already "present" when you enter a group.

--Per Hedeland

My workaround is retrieve headers, exit pan, restart, and then the filtered articles are no longer there.

I would also like to see a button, menu command, or keystroke combination to "apply filters now".

Richard Gold