pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Multiline custom headers?

From: David Sewell
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Multiline custom headers?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:26:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, I wrote:

> When creating a posting profile, is there any way to pass a multiline
> extra header that Pan will handle properly?
>
> I've got pan2 0.125 installed and wanted to add an X-Face header (yes, I
> am old school). X-Face headers are encoded as a 72-character first line
> plus one or more lines of up to 79 characters, with newlines and
> whitespace as separators.

A little more experimenting shows that Pan, at least, correctly displays
an xface if the X-Face: header is a single line that just uses ASCII
spaces as the separators without newlines. Meaning it is possible to
save a one-line X-Face: header that is handled properly.

DS
PO Box 400318, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA
Email: address@hidden   Tel: +1 434 924 9973