pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.124 "Goblin Worlds"

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.124 "Goblin Worlds"
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:25:06 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan <address@hidden> posted

address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:54:11

+0000:

Duncan <address@hidden> posted

address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:54:11

+0000:

> Artur Jachacy <address@hidden>

> posted address@hidden, excerpted
below,

on  Tue, 13 Feb 2007

> 00:14:32 +0000:

>> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 00:05:47 +0000, Artur Jachacy wrote:

>>> There's a weird bug in 0.124: when I try to send a post, a warning comes
up

>>> that the signature marker should be "-- ", not "--". But the marker is

added

>>> by Pan itself and is in fact "-- ".

>> Or is it? Looks like Pan removes the space and then complains about it.
It's

>> there in the compose window, but not in the message that is sent.

> Confirmed.  The wrapping seems /much/ better so far, but it's stripping the

> space after the dashes on the sig separator, then

> complaining about it!

> I even tried a double space, and it removed both, still making the thing

> invalid!

OK, with the one-liner sig-delimiter patch applied to svn-181/pan-0.124 the
sig is fine (if it shows up fine in this post), but wow, look at that
screwed up quoting! (Above, left as pan quoted it, blank lines and all!)

What about making it a bit /more/ than a one-liner, reusing the code that
color-codes the sig to test for a sig-delimiter here, and only deleting the
trailing space if that's what it is?  The quoting seemed fine, until that
one-liner fixing the sig-delimiter.

(I should mention that this was the first time I'd replied to a pan 0.124
post, however, so it could be there's a bug in the post causing all those
blank lines, not in pan's quoting of it.)

(OK, now it's saying the sig is more than four lines long.  I don't see
how.  Maybe I'll see when it's posted...)