pan-users

[Pan-users] UUdecode broken?

From: Rhialto
Subject: [Pan-users] UUdecode broken?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 00:28:26 +0100

I just tried to decode some files which turned out to be uuencoded, but
Pan claimed (about all or almost all parts) that

Note: No encoded data found in /home/rhialto/.pan2/article-cache/address@hidden

Maybe it didn't report it on the first part of each file, since there
were some output files but they were far too short.

After I managed to remember that the "mpack" package is a multi-file
mime and uuencode decoder, I could successfully decode the files when
saved as text, and they passed Par2 validation. It may be that just
these particular files were weird in some way (but they look ok to me),
but maybe the whole of uudecoding is affected.

Cheers,
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.