pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.120 "Plate of Shrimp"

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.120 "Plate of Shrimp"
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 20:11:43 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 09:35:24 +0000, Graham wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:21:40 -0500
> Darren Albers <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> Ubuntu Package is up:
>> http://darrenalbers.com/pan
>
> An annoying problem has shown itself that I saw in the previous Edgy
> build.  It is still there in the new build.
>
> I use Pan in tabbed mode.  In a newsgroup the headers are displayed
> under the Header Pane tab.  If I should want to download an attachment,
> I click on the header and then to view it I can click on the Body Pane
> tab.
>
> However, when I click again on the Header Pane tab, it sets itself up a
> fair way to the right, and I have to move the slider to the left to see
> the text of the headers...

I believe this is the same bug which was reported on Oct21 by Dave Chand
in this mailing list.  I quote my reply to him below.  See if this shoe
fits you ;o)

Yes! I just confirmed, but there is a trick to it.  I didn't see it until
I narrowed the pan window enough so that only the 'Subject' column is
displayed in the Header pane.  You may need to widen the Subject column if
the pan window won't narrow sufficiently.

The next notable finding is that I only see this bug if I use the mouse to
change Header<-->Body and back again -- using the 1 and 2 keys won't
trigger it.

The next clue for Charles is that switching between Head<-->Body, the bug
only shows on every *other* switch, i.e. there is a toggle effect
happening (and only when using the mouse).

What I see today with 0.120 is that the toggle effect is gone.  Now the
slider is in the 'wrong position' every time instead of every-other-time.
(But only when using the mouse to switch panes, not the 2-and-3 keys.)