pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: new pan getting group list "forever"

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: new pan getting group list "forever"
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 20:04:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:04:14 -0500, Bruce Bowler wrote:

> Yes, I know I should upgrade to the latest beta, and if there's an
> indication that the problem is fixed there, so be it.  In the mean time...

> news.individual.de claims to have ~25,000 groups.  As I write this, pan
> claims to have fetched ~500,000 groups and is still going strong.

I just added news.individual.de to my list of servers, and pan-0.120
got approx 25000 headers in about 10 seconds, no problems.

There have been so many important bug fixes since 0.116 that IMO you
should spare no effort to update.  Header-fetching bugs are just for
starters ;o)  Lots of other really important fixes as well.

If you need help with updating pan, please ask.  I promise it will be
worth your effort.