pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Where's the sent folder gone in the new Pan?

From: Wil Cooley
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Where's the sent folder gone in the new Pan?
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 23:14:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 13:55:23 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> While I'm a gmane user, I don't try new groups/lists there that often
> (unless it's an xpost, in which case I usually don't care for it to go to
> the other list anyway, so I just let gmane's verification expire -- I sure
> wish pan would notify even if xposted to only a second group, but it
> doesn't).  Thus, I'm not sure, but if I'm not mistaken, if you are posting
> to a new list, you can subscribe (or simply check whether it's necessary)
> before replying to the verification.  Since you have a week to do
> it in, that shouldn't be an issue, and by subscribing before replying to
> gmane's verify request, gmane should be able to forward it without issue.

Arrrggghh.  This just bit me too.  +1 from me to the feature request to
re-add it.

The post-through-gmane-after-verification thing works fine for Mailman
lists and probably a few other MLMs, but not others.  Whatever they're
using at ethz.ch (rrdtool, Smokeping, etc) doesn't.  When the subscription
fails, GMane cancels the message, so it actually disappears from the group.

Wil