pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Can I not auto-expand threads?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Can I not auto-expand threads?
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 05:41:45 +0000 (UTC)

Beartooth <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:00:04
+0000:

[ Duncan @ >>, Beartooth at >>> ]

>>> Whenever I choose a new thread in a group, 0.119 automatically expands
>>> it. This is fine most of the time. However, it's sometimes an
>>> inconvenience.

>> Even if it doesn't, hitting the "-" key is a lot faster than
>> hand-to-mouse,
>
> Indeed, that mitigates the annoyance. But I still hope to become able
> eventually to change the default. I don't know how you put up with it ...

Your request is reasonable.  I'd suggest you file it as a feature request
for pre-1.1.  Reply here with the bug number and I'll add a comment
seconding it as a reasonable extension of current functionality.  To me it
seems logical enough and hopefully simple enough to code to have a good
chance for 1.1, but of course I can't speak for Charles and don't code, so
I could be wrong on either or both counts.