pan-users

[Pan-users] Determining scoring/filter efficacy

From: Byron Sonne
Subject: [Pan-users] Determining scoring/filter efficacy
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:19:23 -0500

Greetings,

I score alot of articles in Pan so that I can cut down on the crap I have to view. It's great! :)

What I'd like to know is if there is a way to determine the number of posts removed from display in the header pane based on such scoring/filtering. In the 'event manager' information is already displayed concerning the number of scoring rules read in, regex failures, etc... would it be hard to extend this functionality such that number of matches per-rule (or per the whole score file if it is easier) would be reported as well?

Perhaps I'm not explaining this too well, in which case, I'd be happy to clear it up.

Excellent Work & Thanks Folks,
Byron