pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Where's the sent folder gone in the new Pan?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Where's the sent folder gone in the new Pan?
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 07:27:13 +0000 (UTC)

"Mick Semb Wever" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 05 Nov 2006 12:27:41
+0000:

> Where's the sent folder gone in the new Pan?

It disappeared in the reorganization.

Now, downloaded posts remain until locally expired, so if you wish to keep
your own posts, you can simply set never expire, then sort by author
(unthreaded) when deleting and simply don't select yours.  Note that
you'll need to ensure that your cache is large enough so they don't get
purged from it either.

Alternatively, there's the "save draft" functionality.  You can save-draft
of everything before you send it.  (Unlike some clients, opening a draft
and then sending it doesn't delete the draft.  It sticks around until you
specifically delete it.)

That's not quite the same, I know.  So far, the sent folder functionality
hasn't been big on the request list, and Charles deliberately deleted a
bunch of "extra" features and only added the ones back that enough folks
requested, so without a lot of requests (I don't recall any before this,
but there may have been one or two), this feature didn't make it.

If it's something you really want back, consider filing an enhancement
request.  Set the target pre-1.1, as 1.0 is in very deep feature freeze
right now.  If no major bugs are found, we are looking at 1.0 possibly
this week.