pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Quick and dirty PAN FAQ for 1.0

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Quick and dirty PAN FAQ for 1.0
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:46:28 +0000 (UTC)

Darren <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon,
30 Oct 2006 20:08:27 -0500:

> Duncan, I just sent you an account for the wiki off-list.  If you feel
> like making additions it would be VERY welcome, but if you find wiki's
> to be an annoyance then if you don't mind me linking to your posts in
> Gmane then I'll just continue to give you Fame that way.  ;)

I got it, and wondered a bit at what was going on. <g>

If my past history is any guide, I'll probably do some on it for a few
weeks, then go dormant.  Still, that might be enough.  OTOH, given I can
play the link game too, if a question seems to come up frequently, maybe
I'll find it worth creating/updating an entry there the Nth time it comes
up, so I can post a URL from then on, probably with comments tailored to
the individual situation.  Just replying with a WIKI link without some
sort of personal comment just isn't me. =8^)

Charles had mentioned something like a WIKI to me, but as that's out of my
standard comfort zone operational area, it was going to require extra work
to figure out, and it just didn't seem likely to happen, so I'm glad you
stepped up to do it.  =8^)  It did need doing.

So anyway, if I don't get to it, by all means, link me on gmane if you
like.  My dislike of personal mail replies as they can't be of use to any
others, including lurkers, should in theory apply to long replies on this
list/group as well, as the effective life is limited in time to at best a
couple weeks, since the archives aren't likely to be searched that often.
Getting it up on a WIKI eliminates that problem, providing a rather longer
lasting and accessible reference, and I consider that a good thing, even
if it's not something I've historically found myself motivated to actually
do, certainly not to the degree of my group/list motivation, for whatever
reason.

One thing I SHOULD do, at minimum, is coordinate a page or two on
pan-attach and pan-attach-kd.