pan-users

[Pan-users] Offline mode trouble

From: Molotov
Subject: [Pan-users] Offline mode trouble
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:55:47 +0100

Hello all

At first, I would like to thank you all for the great work done with Pan. I have been using it for years with the stable branch, and I switched to the 'weekly betas' months ago: Pan goes better and better, I would not consider using another newsgrabber. I have still a problem anyway. I use GigaNews servers with the max connections set to 10. I have noticed that, sometimes, something is broken in the connection pool (I cannot say if it is really Pan-related, it can be a network problem) and Pan tries to open another connection when the news server thinks the 10 are still up. So, the 11th connection is refused by the server in such case. The problem is that Pan automatically switches to offline mode, letting the remaining connections close quickly. If I am not here to switch back to online mode, nothing else is done. So, has anybody faced the same trouble ? Is there a solution to tell Pan not to go offline in such case ?

Thanks in advance

Francois