pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Offline Reading in Pan

From: arndalebilo
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Offline Reading in Pan
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 07:47:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:27:07 -0700, Will Shattuck wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've searched the mailing list archives, and probably have missed what
> I'm looking for, but I cannot seem to find a setting that allows me to
> cache all the (new)articles when polling newsgoups.  I found that I
> could select all the articles in the article pane, then select "Cache
> Articles".  It will cache top level articles in threads, but not the
> sub articles.  I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't seem to
> find the setting.

I used to use rules for that in Old Pan.  In Born Again Pan I just do it
manually by selecting everything and pressing 'D' to to add articles
inside collapsed threads - then, as you say, select "Cache
Articles".

An option to cache all articles in individual groups (subject to filters
of course) would be welcome.