pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Someone please help me confirm a possible bug.

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Someone please help me confirm a possible bug.
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 01:54:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 02:11:07 -0400, Dave Chand wrote:

> Hello,
> If you have pan-0.117, please try the following.
>
> 1. Switch the layout view to Tabbed. Pressing 'z' does this.
> 2. Get headers in some group.
> 3. Double click on an article to read its contents.
> 4. Expand the Subject line by, clicking on the little rightward
> facing triangle
> to the left of the subject. The triangle should now face down and
> their should now be subject, from, date, and newsgroup information
> now visible.
>
> 5. Now press '2' to switch back to the header pane view.
>
> Is your horizontal scroll bar now in the middle with most of the
> headers off to the left of the screen? i.e the headers pane is not
> left justified?

Yes!  I just confirmed, but there is a trick to it.  I didn't see it
until I narrowed the pan window enough so that only the 'Subject' column
is displayed in the Header pane.  You may need to widen the Subject
column if the pan window won't narrow sufficiently.

The next notable finding is that I only see this bug if I use the
mouse to change Header<-->Body and back again -- using the 1 and 2
keys won't trigger it.

The next clue for Charles is that switching between Head<-->Body,
the bug only shows on every *other* switch, i.e. there is a toggle
effect happening (and only when using the mouse).

Charles, I know you can find this bug in mere minutes given these
clues!

Duncan, I know it's asking a lot for you to give up your MaXiMiZeD
dual window setup, even for five minutes -- but, whaddya say?  Give
it a try, just for a second...and let us know what happens ;o)