pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Someone please help me confirm a possible bug.

From: Dave Chand
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Someone please help me confirm a possible bug.
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:26:22 -0400

On Oct 21, 2006, at 2:44 AM, Duncan wrote:

If you have pan-0.117, please try the following.

1. Switch the layout view to Tabbed. Pressing 'z' does this.
2. Get headers in some group.
3. Double click on an article to read its contents.
4. Expand the Subject line by, clicking on the little rightward
facing triangle
to the left of the subject. The triangle should now face down and
their should now be subject, from, date, and newsgroup information
now visible.

5. Now press '2' to switch back to the header pane view.

Is your horizontal scroll bar now in the middle with most of the
headers off to the left of the screen? i.e the headers pane is not
left justified?

If so, please click on the triangle to "collapse" the subject
information, i.e
triangle facing rightwards, and repeat with another article.

It seems on my pan if the triangle is down, and I switch to the
header's pane the header pane is centered not left justified.

No odd behavior here. Works just fine and as expected. I'm running CVS with one patch since 0.117, but it shouldn't have had anything to do with
this (it's a groups list download patch).

Can you try switching back and forth between body and header pane.
The behavior is spot on for me using the keyboard to switch between the two views and not so using the mouse. FYI I am using gtk-2.10.2. I do not believe this is a gtk problem because this never happened with pan-0.116. But I could be wrong.

dc.