pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Upgrade to 0.113 in debian etch causes proxy connection

From: Johan Ovlinger
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Upgrade to 0.113 in debian etch causes proxy connection to fail
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:37:59 -0400

pan user and I like it wrote:

It is not a provider problem.
After an upgrade to pan 0.113 in debian etch pan will not accept a proxy
connection to my existing ssh tunnel service. Same log in script,
nothing changed but the upgrade to 0.113

Datapoint:

I've tried stunnel, and it worked equally well on 14.9x (whatever I last built out of CVS a few months ago), as well as 0.113 and 0.116, as well as some recentish mozilla, and even tin, IIRC (tho that was a long time ago I tested it).

I mean, the stunnel is just a socket service: it doesn't care what program initiated the connection. I presume your tunnel expects the client (pan) to initatie the connection, right?

I would suspect that you've got some firewall issue or similar.