pan-users

RE: [Pan-users] Re: clearing the cache

From: Travis
Subject: RE: [Pan-users] Re: clearing the cache
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 07:47:23 -0700

----Original Message----
From:
address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden
u.org] On Behalf Of Duncan
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 03:00
To: address@hidden
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: clearing the cache

> "Travis" <address@hidden> posted
> address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 08
> Oct 2006 18:24:45 -0700:
>
>> I'm running Pan 0.115 on Winders XP.  If I need to clear the cache
>> how do I do it?
>
> I'd simply delete the cache dir, or at least everything in
> it.  pan will recreate it as necessary.  On Linux, the cache
> is under the default
> ~/.pan2 dir, named either article_cache or article-cache,
> depending on the exact version (I have one as a symlink to
> the other so whatever it is the effect is the same, the
> change was inadvertent on Charles' part, it seems, but I
> didn't care enough to track which way it ended up, as the
> symlink works well either way). If you've moved the default,
> you should know it. On MSWormOS I'd not know where the
> default pan dir is, but I'd guess the cache dir is similarly named,
> under it.
>
> Cautionary note:  Deleting the cache != deleting the headers.
>  They are separate entities and need deleted separately as
> well.  However, I presume you are already deleting the
> headers from within pan.

I'm marking them as read.  The reason I asked is because if I don't
occassionally "Remove Messages" in OE which I still use for text and
single part binaries it gets clogged up.  I don't know what "dir" is,
I will assume it means directory.  I have the .exe and required .dll
in my hard drive and just double click it to start Pan.  Do I ever
need to clear the cache in Pan?

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington