pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Mutlipart posts?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Mutlipart posts?
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 21:36:15 -0500

On Oct 4, 2006, at 7:17 PM, Johan Ovlinger wrote:

There is no need to see what part is missing, just let PAR tell you
how many blocks are needed for a repair.

Infact, I think there was a suggestion many moons ago to parse par2 files and use them to download the correct combination of binaries and restore blocks to re-assemble the file.

Yea, But...

My news service often lists a header for which it lacks a body. This caused pan 0.14.x to come to a screeching halt on that particular multipart file. Par2 never got a chance because pan wouldn't attempt to reassemble the parts.

Now if only a header was missing, pan would make a best-effort attempt without that part. And then par2 could have a chance at repair.

What I was asking for was the ability to open the multi-part in order to delete the header causing pan problems so that it could continue thru to the rest of the multi-part. Could not do this on postings which pan found all headers. When the headers were incomplete and pan stopped on an existing header which lacked a body I could click the + sign to open it up, delete the red-x'ed header, and continue.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden