pan-users

[Pan-users] ANNOUNCE: pan-attach 0.0.2006.10.03.0

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] ANNOUNCE: pan-attach 0.0.2006.10.03.0
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 15:29:11 +0000 (UTC)

pan-attach is a crude yet potentially useful script that when configured
as pan's external editor, allows one to attach files as text (identity
encoding), uuencoded, or yenc (altho yenc unfortunately doesn't work
with pan >0.90 at this time due to pan's charset rules, see pan-bug
359275 -- it should work with 0.14.x pan, however).

Download the file and open it in a text editor.  Set the executable bit
when you are comfortable that it's not going to eat your system or
something, and run it from the command line to get the help output.  Set
it up in pan as instructed, and try it out. =8^)  Unfortunately it doesn't
have a GUI file picker and encode type selector set up yet, so it scans
the passed message working file for a couple "magic" text strings that
give it that information.  However, it's better than nothing.  If I get
ambitous, I'll update it to use xdialog or the like at some point.

You will need uuenview, from the uudeview package, installed, as that's
what it uses for the actual encoding step.  The URL's mentioned in the
script if your distribution doesn't package it.

pan-attach can be found here (as long as not too many people try to d/l
and DOS my monthly bandwidth allowance):

http://members.cox.net/pu61ic.1inux.dunc4n