pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: a very minor feature request (I hope)

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: a very minor feature request (I hope)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 14:55:44 +0000 (UTC)

Alen Williams <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Mon, 02 Oct 2006 07:13:20 -0700:

> On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 09:55 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>> "Timothy J. Hamilton"
>> <address@hidden> posted
>> address@hidden,
>> excerpted below, on  Sun, 01 Oct 2006 18:18:02 -0500:
>>
>> > I mostly use Pan for downloading binaries and multipart binaries. It
>> > would be really, really nice if the task manager would queue the
>> > headers for downloading in the same order that they appear in the
>> > header window.
>>
>> This has already been reported (and generally agreed in the group) as
>> not working correctly at present.  I'm not sure if it has been bugged
>> yet or not, or whether Charles is planning on fixing it by 1.0 or not
>> (if it's not bugged he may have missed it).
>
> Are you sure it's not doing this already? Are you adding things to the
> back (or the front) of the queue or sorted by age? Sorting by age is new
> in this version...

Actually, in my case, I'm adding in whatever way pan adds when the
download (not save) function is hit.  Old-pan used to download in the
order they appeared in the header pane, new-pan seems to download them in
random order.  The only time front/back/by-age appears is if you save.
Download to cache doesn't give one that option, and it doesn't seem to do
it in any logical order -- in particular, not by age, which is how I
usually have the header pane sorted and usually want it, and not by
subject or author either.  As the posts come in, I see the icons switch
from queued to cached randomly, bottom, top, middle, seemingly no order at
all.  As Tim said, old-pan had it right.