pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: compose eats up CPU cycles?

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: compose eats up CPU cycles?
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:13:24 -0500

Thufir wrote:
On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 20:44:59 +0000, Duncan wrote:
It may have to do with the spell-check, but that's not all of it by itself.
I believe I read a report that certain themes can cause that behavior.  If
you have a GTK or GNOME theme, try changing it and see if that helps. Apparently at least one theme "fights" with the spellchecker or something
else in pan, I'm not sure what.

Ok, I've changed themes, still in GNOME.  Now I'm using "clearview", I
think it was previously "bluecurves".  Thanks for responding, at least I
have an inkling of what's happening.

I'm going to ask over in the fedora mailing list.  Presumably KDE works
fine, as it's a GTK and pan issue?

KDE should work fine, as should most Gnome apps.

IIRC it's a bluecurve + gtkspell bug.