pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Rules (was: Tools menu in Pan 0.111)

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Rules (was: Tools menu in Pan 0.111)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 20:41:25 +0000 (UTC)

arndalebilo <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 09 Sep 2006 03:59:30
+0930:

> The only other thing I would want is an option in the 'new scoring rule'
> dialog to filter on the xref header - to block xposts from a specific
> group.  In the past I've put this in by hand but haven't tried it with the
> new pan.  Not sure if slrn ever supported it or not.

AFAIK, slrn's scoring supports any header, tho they recommend you use only
the ones in the overviews if possible, for efficiency reasons (if it's not
in the overview the message can't be scored until it is downloaded).  It
may even support message body scoring.

That's been on my wish list for a long time, every since I encountered a
nym-shifter that pan had and still has no way of filtering (it was before
scoring was added), even tho he did have at least one stable header I could
have filtered on, if pan would have simply allowed it.  The bug is still
open, I believe.