pan-users

[Pan-users] Weird visual issue on Windows

From: Artur Jachacy
Subject: [Pan-users] Weird visual issue on Windows
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:43:40 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Some time ago I bought an LCD monitor, and following that, turned on
Cleartype in Windows to smooth out the fonts a bit. Since that time I've
observed a weird thing in Pan (and Pan only). Something's clipping the
right sides of characters if they stand at the end of the line, but if so
much as a single space follows, they look fine. Look at this screenshot:

<http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2249/cleartypezw3.png>

I've included the characters that look the worst. In each pair, the upper
one is the only character in the line, while the lower one has a single
space following it. The letters are also clipped when they are followed by
the cursor when I'm typing. Setting a bigger font size helps, but I'm used
to reading news in Courier New 12.

As I said, Pan is the only application in which I've seen this. Has anyone
else observed this problem on Windows? Is this a problem of Pan or GTK?

Artur

--
Washington, Washington
Six-foot-twenty, fuckin' killing for fun