pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Group context menu on Mac

From: Tim Kynerd
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Group context menu on Mac
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:21:26 -0400

Jeff Berman wrote:
--- David Shochat <address@hidden> wrote:
I tried (with 0.108) to get the context menu for a
group under Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger). This was built on
top of
MacPorts (previously called DarwinPorts). The
standard equivalent
for right-mouse in OS X is ctl-click, but that did
nothing. By
experimenting, I found that Cmd-click would do it.
Is that
configurable?  By the way, I did nothing special
font-wise, and the
boldface for unread  articles works fine.

Hi David,

I don't know if this will help, but there's a checkbox
controlling three button mouse emulation in the X11
application's preferences (X11->Preferences).  On my
system, in which right clicking works by clicking my
mouse's right button, the checkbox is checked. However, it sounds like maybe you have a one button
mouse.  Try unchecking the mouse emulation box and
let's see what happens.  Also, thanks for the feedback
on font bolding!

There's never anything but one-button mice with Apple! :-)

I haven't tried the new Pan releases under either OS X or Linux, so I can't say anything about this apparent bug myself.

Best,
Tim