pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: VDQ : can I double Pan?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: VDQ : can I double Pan?
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:18:12 +0000 (UTC)

"Charles Kerr" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:06:45 -0500:

> Duncan wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking perhaps 0.108, presumably next week, might be the last
>> pre-1.0, the way things are shaping up)
>
> That would surprise me -- there really have been a frightful number of bug
> reports over the past few days.  I'm not promising anything, but perhaps
> three more betas.

Well, better now then after 1.0 ships, I guess. =8^)  Three-ish more
betas?  So first part of Sept.

FWIW, it's working really well for me in text groups now.

Scoring:

I transferred the old score file over with 0.105, but something's not
working quite right there tho it seems to load just fine -- just nothing
is applied (nothing changes color or shows scores other than
zero/unchanged, even when it should)... I'll have to do a bit more
investigating to see if I can trace it.  So far, I've not even tried
adding any scores, only manually purged the ones pan said were expired
(it's at least reading the dates right, apparently), but none of the old
ones actually work tho it reports 107 scoring rules in 13 sections read.

BTW, exactly what is a scoring "section"?  Also, you mentioned pan now
tries shell-type wildcards as well as regex.  I believe all the old ones
were regex -- is it possible pan is misinterpreting them as literals or
shell type rather than regex?

Any debugging options for scoring, yet?

I expect I'll either investigate the scoring issue or load up some binary
groups for the first time in the next couple days, perhaps both.  It's
possible I'll have some more bugs to file after that. =8^]