pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Any idea when the new Pan will work on non XP-SP2 window

From: Lenny_Nero
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Any idea when the new Pan will work on non XP-SP2 windows ?
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 22:36:21 +0100

Darren said

> Lenny_Nero wrote:
>> More so windows 2000 ?
>>
>> I gave the web site pre-built a spin a few days ago, and at least it
>> can start to load (more than ever before ;) but crashes before it can
>> finish drawing the windows.
>>
>> I have tried this on a new box I was building up just to prove it was
>> nothing to do with any of my stuff, just w2k SP4 and the right GTK. But
>> this also means I did not have a de-bugger attached and could not be
>> caught by the watson thing.
>
> I thought that someone had posted some patches to fix this, I am not at
> a place to look right now but I will check tonight.  Can you open a bug
> on bugzilla.gnome.org so Charles can track it?

Its been talked about for years, I was told by Charles months ago that the
v.100 would work with it so I waited for that, it did not, so I have been
off working on other things, and just thought I would give a fresh box
a try with it, I have changed and setup so many build environments for
patches that 'might' work after I gave up working on it years ago and none
had made any more headway than I had then.

I get the impression that there are only XP windows users (they cant of
ever used 2k then :) if it is only me then (and I think it is) its no
matter, I have run my own hacked about version for years and wanted to see
if the new db can work with the bin groups better than mine.

L.