pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Remembering group sort order

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Remembering group sort order
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:26:22 +0000 (UTC)

"Shining Chaos" <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden,
excerpted below, on  Thu, 03 Aug 2006 01:53:06 -0500:

> Has Pan decided to go with a global header sort order now, instead of
> the older method of remembering each group's last sort order?  Text
> groups I like to sort by date (newest first), and most binary groups
> by subject, but by reverse subject or by date with other binary
> groups.

It's global for now.  There's not a lot of saved state per group yet with
the new version.  From Charles' comments, I /had/ figured there'd be none
(except for post tracking, of course) until post-1.0, but he got at least
a minimal working set in there now, including posting profile and save
dir.  I seriously doubt anything more will be added there until post 1.0,
which with luck will be later this month.

I see you're able to do patches.  I'm sure Charles wouldn't object, but I
still doubt it'd be added until post-1.0, as we are in what amounts to a
feature freeze at this point.  A patch might well ensure it's in the first
1.0.90 (or 900, don't know which) series pre-1.1 betas, however. =8^).
Assuming a couple 1.0.x bugfix releases and that the August target for 1.0
is met, you are then looking at mid Septemberish.