pan-users

[Pan-users] Suddenly can't load any groups

From: Jeff Berman
Subject: [Pan-users] Suddenly can't load any groups
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 20:36:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

Something odd just happened with pan.  It now aborts
any time I double click on a group name.  Deleting the
preferences.xml file resolves it, but I wanted to
bring this up in case pan is prone to corrupt
preference files or something.  At a glance, I don't
see anything obviously malformed in that file.

Launching pan with --debug on yields only stuff like
this:

(gnksa.cc:638:do_check_from) GNKSA [0]
(gnksa.cc:625:do_check_from) From [Dr. No
<address@hidden>]
(gnksa.cc:631:do_check_from) Name [Dr. No]
(gnksa.cc:632:do_check_from) Addr address@hidden
(gnksa.cc:352:check_domain) noemail.com
(gnksa.cc:638:do_check_from) GNKSA [0]
(gnksa.cc:625:do_check_from) From [Fuga
<address@hidden>]
(gnksa.cc:631:do_check_from) Name [Fuga]
(gnksa.cc:632:do_check_from) Addr
address@hidden
(gnksa.cc:352:check_domain) a.nah.a.nah.a.nah.a.com
(gnksa.cc:638:do_check_from) GNKSA [0]
header-pane.cc:617: failed assertion `0'

Not much to go on, I think.  Charles, is this worth
investigating?