pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Modal "Next" and "Back" buttons?

From: Christian Lohmaier
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Modal "Next" and "Back" buttons?
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:28:43 +0200

Hi Charles, *,

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 10:49:12PM -0400, Darren wrote:
> Charles Kerr wrote:
> >
> > "Next", "Next Thread", "Prev", and "Prev Thread" would have their
> > behavior modified by the four checkbox states.  "Unread" would be
> > checked by default the first time you use Pan.  Pan would remember
> > your checkbox settings in subsequent sessions.
>
> I like it especially if there is a way for Pan to visually tell me what
> mode I am in.  I seem to get lost somewhat once and awhile  ;-)
>
> The statement above does confuse me though, so the default view would
> only be to show unread messages?

No, I understand it so that when you call the action it will jump to the
next/previous unread message (or the first/last unread message in the
next/previous thread).

Honestly, I wouldn't really need a configuration for this. Next as in
"n": next unread, Previous as in "v". previous - no matter if unread or
not (since it happens sometiemes that you accidently scroll too much and
hit the next message so you need an way back - "u" comes handy
sometimes, but only when you're still in the same subthread) Next
it (If I don't want to continue to read the thread, I use "dmn" - so
basically I don't use "next thread" at all currently....
(basically just at it is now currently - even when the next unread
thread is default, not next thread only, but that's no a big deal for
me)

However, I'd much, much more prefer if the standard filters (only
unread, watched, posted by me,....) would apply to threads instead of
single messages.
(e.g. "show threads with unread messages" -> show the already read ones
as well, show the full thread)

ciao
Chrstian
--