pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: font spacing and attachment directory

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: font spacing and attachment directory
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:18:57 +0000 (UTC)

Charles Kerr <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 31 Jul 2006
11:32:27 -0500:

> The margin is currently set to one pixel.  This can be tweaked by
> changing the 1 after "xpad"  in pan/gui/header-pane.cc's
> build_tree_columns().
>
> I don't think that GtkTreeView is going to get us the same number of
> rows as GtkCTree regardless of the margins we use.

Hmm, a thought just occurred to me.  Is this parameter signed or unsigned?
IOW, quite apart from whether it's readable or not, is it possible to set
the margin actually /negative/?

If the answer is yes, then it /might/ be possible to get the same number
of rows.  Of course, as implied above, getting the same number of rows and
actually having them readable are two entirely different things, but I
thought it was an interesting question, anyway.  =8^)

(Personally, it's not a big deal, here.  I'm running stacked 1600x1200 21"
monitors, for 1600x2400 overall resolution, and run pan full monitor on
one of those, so screen real estate isn't as much an issue here as it
might be for others.  Thus, as long as it's readable, I'm fine.)