pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: feature request: show arbitrary headers

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: feature request: show arbitrary headers
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:59:23 +0000 (UTC)

John Steele Scott <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Wed, 26
Jul 2006 12:25:31 +0900:

> I often use Pan to read groups on gmane.

I use pan on gmane to follow this group/list. =8^)

> Gmane appends an "Archived-At" header to all messages, which contains a
> permanent hyperlink to a web page of the message. This is very
> convenient for directing people to a particular archived message. Also,
> via that hyperlink, particular messages can be tagged as spam.
>
> I know I can get to this header by pressing 'H'. But it would be really
> nice if I could tell Pan to show this header with the other standard
> ones. The simplest UI for this would be to have an edit line in the
> preferences dialog, where a space delimited list of headers could be
> entered.

I've wanted a customizable default header display for some time.  However,
with pan 1.0 stable imminent, it's very unlikely such a major feature will
make it.  Thus, even if it gets implemented as soon as reasonable, it will
be a bit, and the request here is a bit difficult to keep track of so it
could be forgotten.  For that reason, Charles requests that such requests
be entered in bugzilla, where they'll be trackable and not likely lost.
Please do so, then post a reply with the bug number here and I'll add a
comment to the effect I'd like to see the feature as well. =8^)

(Do a search for a similar open request first tho, in case someone's
already requested it, thus avoiding a duplicate.  Still post a bug link in
any case, tho, so others can add their vote if they want.)