pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] re: works beautifully on freebsd 6.1

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] re: works beautifully on freebsd 6.1
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:48:53 -0500

On Jul 20, 2006, at 7:47 PM, David Shochat wrote:

Brian King wrote:
/usr/local/include/glib-2.0/glib/gi18n.h:23:21: libintl.h: No such
file or directory
Talk about deja vu. This is exactly the same problem that came up for me (and someone before me) compiling for MacOS X (Darwin is a relative of freebsd). It was Charles who pointed me to the Cflags value in what is probably in your case /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/ glib-2.0.pc. I suspect that your Cflags in that line needs to have - I${includedir} added. In linux this is not necessary because libintl.h is in /usr/include which the compiler looks in automatically.

There is a term for this sort of behavior, "Linuxism," def'n: Unique characteristic of Linux which breaks source code on everything else.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden