pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Version of Pan to be shipped with Debian Etch

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Version of Pan to be shipped with Debian Etch
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:21:01 -0500

Søren Boll Overgaard wrote:
Hi,

As some of you may be aware, I've been packaging the pan betas[0] for Debian. Also, some of you may be aware that Debian Etch is scheduled for release by the
end of 2006[1]. This means that in the the not too distant future, the Debian
testing package archive will be frozen.

So, my question is: What version of Pan should be distributed in Debian Etch?
The latest beta, or the older (but presumably more feature complete) 0.14.x?

Personally, I consider the inability to delete servers about the only real
showstopper in the betas[2].

Charles, what would you prefer?

I'd give good odds that 1.0 will be out by August,
and very good odds by September.

When is Etch's freeze date?