pan-users

[Pan-users] few comments on saving binaries (0.103)

From: Kelly Martin
Subject: [Pan-users] few comments on saving binaries (0.103)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:58:39 -0400

I got pan 0.103 working on OS X today. It looks pretty nice and I am
liking it. Just a couple of comments from my first hour of use, mostly
with binary attachments.

The shrink-to-fit capability for viewing picture attachments is awesome.

Couple of suggestions too. I noticed that the disk icon doesn't change
to a floppy/saved icon like it did before when an attachment is saved.
So it's a little confusing to know what attachments I saved and which
I didn't - hope you can bring that icon and the functionality back.
Also, the old version of Pan remembered my save directory and didn't
prompt me each time I saved an attachment... 0.103 prompts me each and
every time, and that dialog defaults to "Cancel" so keyboard
navigation is slow and more difficult. It would be great to be able to
change the mapping from "Shift + S" to just "S" or something
user-defined... "S" is currently used for scoring. I don't use the
Scoring capability anywhere near as much as saving attachments,
personally.

Keep up the good work!

Kelly