pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Is "Match Only Cached Articles" not working?

From: Ufuk YILDIRIM
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Is "Match Only Cached Articles" not working?
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:04:14 +0300

Charles Kerr wrote:
> Ufuk YILDIRIM wrote:
>> As the subject suggests, that option doesn't work. I have .102 on
>> windows, and just compiled .103 in SUSE. In both version, this option
>> doesn't seem to work. Is this a bug? or is it me not really getting what
>> that option does? (as I understand, it should only show downloaded
>> articles, right?)
>
> On Friday, in the readers newsgroup, Blinky the Shark drew you a
> diagram on Friday explaining this already ... Ufuk.

Thanks Charles for the reply. I really hope that I got the pointer
right. As I see, Blinky is quite an active contributor in that
group.Took me sometime to find the thread (as my newsserver did not show
it, I used googlegroups), but I have finally (I hope) managed to find
out what you referred to (the thread with the subject "pan: is V 0.14.2
unlucky"?). Was that a pointer for the explanation of the cached
articles? Or for the problem I tried to point out?
If the latter, I still don't know if it is a bug. Just to show the
problem I am having, here is an image:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ufukyildirim/186672820/

As you can see, the 'match only cached articles' icon is pressed.

Cheers