pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Aggregating servers (was Re: choosing news server)

From: Brad Rogers
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Aggregating servers (was Re: choosing news server)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:54:44 +0100

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 04:07:16 -0700 (PDT)
Jeff Berman <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Jeff,

> You know, I did exactly the same thing with pan 0.14.
> It sounds like an odd habit when you write it out, but

It does, but at least, since you did it too, I'm not the only
nutter.   :-)

> I like to segregate certain newsgroups into different
> sets.  Since some of those groups are rarely used, I
> like to hide them away from sight.

That's it, exactly.  It /could/ be done with folders, I suppose, too.
However, I never tried that method.  If only because the thought has
only just occurred to me.

> front end launcher for pan that merely swaps out
> various .pan2 directories for the one containing the
> groups you want to work with.

Yes, that would do it.  I'll have to try and write something later.
Thanks for the idea.

--
 Regards  _

Now would I say something that wasn't true?
Would I Lie To You - Eurythmics