pan-users

[Pan-users] 0.100 - Error on downloading binaries

From: Mike Houwers
Subject: [Pan-users] 0.100 - Error on downloading binaries
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 21:18:36 -0400

With the minor changes, 0.100 compiles and starts fine under Windows 2000. Text articles download fine.
However, when I try to download a binary, the event log fills up with:

Wed Jun 21 21:13:20 2006 - Making a new connection to <<my-news-server>>
Wed Jun 21 21:13:20 2006 - Error reading from socket: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input

And the download never progresses.

I can see where this gets reported in the code, but not much more than that.

Can anyone else replicate this? I'd be glad to help troubleshoot in any way I can.

Thanks,

mike houwers