pan-users

Re: [lists] Re: [Pan-users] Difficulty In Compiling 0.99

From: Darren Albers
Subject: Re: [lists] Re: [Pan-users] Difficulty In Compiling 0.99
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 12:52:48 -0400

Graham wrote:

> No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> So I went to the Debian packages site to look up gtk+ and found a
> number of candidates including libgtk+2.0-dev but this only threw up a
> LOT of dependencies which I don't have.
>
> To help you with other Mepis users, I've detailed what I have done, so
> that you can see what I'm doing wrong.
>
> As I said before, the .deb of pan 0.98 works like dream.  Could there
> be that many dependencies I've got to add to my system before the
> source will compile 0.99?

Graham,

The next package you need is libgtk2.0-dev (assuming the package names
between debian and mepis are the same and they should be for libs like
this). To build it with spellcheck support you need libgtkspell-dev

If you get a chance could you try the deb I linked earlier and let me
know if it works for mepis users as well.

Thanks