pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: RE: Re: Re: Headers..

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: RE: Re: Re: Headers..
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 05:10:39 +0000 (UTC)

"Travis" <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun,
28 May 2006 10:19:58 -0700:

> [Duncan ...]
>
>> [Brad Rogers...]
>>
>>> I always include an X-Offender header.  Does that help?   :-)
>>
>> Interesting, that.  Why?  Well, when I collected the mail last night,
>> there was one of those state "Sex Offender Notification" things in the
>> mail.
>>
>> (se)x-offender?
>>
>> (In this case, he's considered a medium risk, the threshhold for the
>> mandatory notification.  Seems a few years ago he got caught in a
>> consensual relationship with a 14-year-old, who considered him her
>> boyfriend.  He was 22 at the time, going by the date and his age now.
>> 22-14 consensual?  IMO, that makes him the victim -- of the state.
>> <shrug>)
>
> So you think the age of consent in your state should be 14?

It's a bit more complicated than that, actually.  I prefer an age
difference standard.   At that age difference, I'd say misdemeanor and
not subject to sex offender registration, not felony, tho a 25/14 range
would be a felony and thus be subject to registration (and a 16/14
range wouldn't be the state's business at all beyond ensuring it's
consensual and enforcing public decency standards, so if it's in the home,
not lover's lane... and notifying the parents, of course)

If you wish to discuss further, I'm game, but please let's take it to
private mail, since it's off topic for the list.