pan-users

[Pan-users] 0.97 crashes on search

From: Michael A. Peters
Subject: [Pan-users] 0.97 crashes on search
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:57:03 -0700

I've had a couple of crashes now when trying to search by author.
The newsgroups where it has happened are comp.text.tex and comp.fonts

It has never happened when I freshly start pan, but if I leave pan
running for awhile - it will happen (sometimes) as I'm typing in the
person I want to search for posts by.

Is this a known issue?

I've installed the -debuginfo package so hopefully I can get a useful
backtrace next time it happens.

It's Fedora Core 5 - the package I'm using is my own (same spec files
used for the devel branch in Fedora Extras for 0.97-2).

It's 0.97 with two patches applied - the patch for crashing on shutdown,
and the tree-expander patch.