pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: [.97] Some usability issues

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: [.97] Some usability issues
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:40:07 +0000 (UTC)

Jeff Berman <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on
Mon, 15 May 2006 05:24:49 -0700:

> 5) It would be wonderful to bring back the "Delete Group's
> Articles" context menu when clicking on a group name.  Maybe I use
> pan differently than some, but after exiting a group I'll sometimes
> (not always) delete all its articles.  The only way I've found to
> do this in 0.97 is by selecting all articles and deleting them.

Replying to just this one.

That context menu item was a problem several folks complained about in
0.14.x.  It was too easy to hit it by mistake, or so the complaint went.
Thus, it may have been eliminated for usability reasons.  As you say,
there's already another way to do it, select all, then delete.  (Altho,
this won't work if not all messages are shown.. ignored posts, for
instance.)