pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.97 "Atoz and Tanda"

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.97 "Atoz and Tanda"
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 15:28:17 -0700

Duncan wrote:
(brutal snippage ;o)

> Yes, resetting it and closing and opening PAN results in the same huge
> groups, nothing else showing. In case it matters, Gentoo AMD64 system,
> compiled using gcc-4.1.0...

Hi Duncan,

You seem to be running a 'gentoo-unstable' system, am I right?  AFAICT,
the latest 'stable' AMD-64 compiler is 3.4.5.

Thanks to your observations I just built 0.97 on my ~x86 (gentoo
unstable) box just out of curiosity.  I've noticed some distinct
differences in pan's behavior between the two machines, so I can't
help wondering if you might also notice a difference if you built
pan on a 'gentoo-stable' AMD64 machine.

Do you have such a machine to play with?  (I wouldn't dream of
being without both kinds ;o)  I actually have three gentoo boxes,
and one of them has both 'stable' and 'unstable' gentoo in separate
partitions -- it's trivial to do (as I'm sure you already know.)