pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: A couple of .95 problems.

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: A couple of .95 problems.
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 20:20:05 -0700

Sam posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on Tue, 02 May
2006 10:49:44 -0700:

> Second problem that just cropped up today. I can't save any binaries.
> When I go to save the dialog box pops up asking where to save the
> attachment and Pan goes through the motions of saving, however, when all
> is said and done nothing is there. I'm still trying to troubleshoot that
> one but not getting anywhere with it. I'll post back more if I can
> figure out anymore.

Problem related to that.  How in the world do I type in a path in the save
dialog?  There's no place to type it!!!  I'd call that a UI bug.

Second, I no longer see an option to save the (text) message.  Am I
missing it?  That can be quite handy, at times.

BTW, can new pan be made to save the message exactly as it came off the
wire(less)?  Again, that can be quite handy, as an aid in debugging or the
like.  Previous to 0.90, pan seemed to save a "sanitized" version,
certainly when compared to the message in cache (which itself may or may
not have been as it came down the wire(less), I'm not sure, but it was
certainly closer than the sanitized version one got with message-save).
That's no good when part of the content one is trying to save is being
sanitized into non-existence!  Of course, one /can/ go digging in the
cache, but when there's perhaps millions of messages cached...

Talking about which, how does the caching work in 0.9x (second time I've
asked)? I don't see a size preference.  I've not used it yet enough to
know, but will it start deleting stuff before I have a chance to process
it like the old pan did if the cache wasn't big enough, or will the cache
grow without bounds within the expiry period and free disk space, or
something (what) in the middle?  That's the sort of thing that becomes
very frustrating if one only learns about it after it's causing problems!
=8^\