pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan version number from CVS sources?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan version number from CVS sources?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 03:54:49 -0700

Charles Kerr posted
<address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:48:07 -0500:

> Duncan wrote:
>
>> The current version is 0.94, but at this time Charles has not put it
>> into CVS and is doing release tarballs directly on pan.rebelbase.com.
>>
>> If I remember correctly here is how the versions break down right now:
>> 0.14.2: Stable
>> 0.14.2.91: Old Beta
>> 0.14.90: What is in CVS right now.
>> 0.9x: The latest series of releases, every week significant improvements
>> are being made.  0.90 was rough but usable, 0.94 has become my standard
>> newsreader and I removed 0.14.2.91 off my system completely.
>>
>> Charles is the only active developer right now and I think has been
>> involved for a very long time.
>>
>> Now for any issues you see with the 0.9x series I think Charles is
>> looking for feedback so if you post them on this mailing list he might
>> look into using your suggestions for improving Pan.
>
> This is right on every count -- it could serve as a de facto release FAQ.
> And so terse for you, Duncan! ;)

That's because it wasn't me.  =8^(  It was Darren Albers.  You got the
attribution mixed up somehow.

I'd love to take the credit, but that would mean Darren, the guy deserving
it, got shafted, which wouldn't quite set with my sense of fair play, so I
gotta set things straight.