pan-users

[Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.95 "I feel clean now. My whole body's just a-quiv

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.95 "I feel clean now. My whole body's just a-quivering with cleanness!"
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 01:01:09 -0500 (CDT)

If it's Sunday, it's PAN!

The 0.9x series are unstable betas of a C++ rewrite of Pan that
runs much lighter and faster, suports nzb and multiserver downloads,
and has a cleaner user interface, all in half code size of 0.14.x.
Every Sunday a new release brings you more bugfixes and polish.

I'm really happy about this version, since I've spent the last
few evenings writing a new implementation of GtkTreeModel that
means more memory shaved off and decent speed improvements
in the group and header panes (or, if you're using older versions
of gtk, HUGE speed improvements).

As usual a longer shopping list of changes, and the tarball,
are up at http://pan.rebelbase.com/ .

cheers,
Charles