pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.94 "Ready! Fire! Aim!"

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.94 "Ready! Fire! Aim!"
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 23:56:11 -0700

Per Hedeland posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:34:51 +0200:

> Another thing which is also rather minor, though I find it annoying, is
> that (at least compared to 0.14.2.91 that I was running before) the
> lines in the group and header panes have a lot of empty space in between
> them, which seriously limits the number of lines that fit in a window
> (the body pane doesn't have this problem).
>
> At first I thought it might be an issue with the particular font used,
> but now that we can choose, I find that playing with other fonts and
> sizes makes no significant difference (i.e. I can fit more lines with a
> smaller font, but the text/space ratio is basically the same - and it
> gets very hard to read:-).

That's an issue that has already come up.  Charles thinks it looks better
with the additional space.  Several users have mentioned the negative --
that it cuts down on the number of lines that fit in the same space.

In any case, it's a definite and deliberate change from 0.14.x, so it's
easily revertable if Charles decides he's seen enough complaints.  =8^)

(FWIW, here, I've not yet used the 0.9x versions enough to make a
judgement.  There's too many bugs and missing features as yet.  0.93 fixed
enough of them that I felt warranted in submitting my own wish list on the
others, but it remained unusable at minimum due to the colors thing,
which I anticipate is fixed in 0.94.  Assuming so, I'll either be able
to start using it in earnest, or find another "breaker" issue to
complain about.  =8^)