pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Too many connections error

From: Rinaldi J. Montessi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Too many connections error
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:12:14 -0400

Brian Morrison wrote:
Jim Reiss wrote:
For instance Giganews offers 10 concurrent connections and advertises the fact too. So if I am using 10 connections on a Giganews server I am certainly/definitely not an abusive user.

The point is: let me decide, not some program (even if its pan ! :-))

So I humbly ask Charles to make it configurable.
It is, you just need to apply a small patch before compiling!
Back in March when Charles first announced the 0.90 features he
indicated that this setting would now be in a user-modifiable text file,
so I think this discussion is obsolete.

Well done for remembering, I dimly recall something being mentioned but
I'd forgotten what it was.

Veering (maybe) a little off topic at best and hijacking a thread at worst, I'll ask: What is the benefit of having more connections? Regardless of number we're limited by our particular bandwidth cap, yes?

Rinaldi
--
No man in the world has more courage than the man who can stop after
eating one peanut.