pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.90 "Sero Sed Serio"

From: Brian Morrison
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.90 "Sero Sed Serio"
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:22:26 +0100

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:49:45 +0100
Brian Morrison <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:41:33 +0100
> Robert Marshall <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > In README it says
> >
> >     Pan requires two libraries:
> >     * libpcre 3.9 or higher <http://www.pcre.org/>
> >     * gtk2 2.2.0 or higher <http://www.gtk.org/>
> >
> > does that mean that configure's requirement for gmime is an error?
>
> No I think not. I needed to install gmime-devel before I could get 0.90
> to build at all on FC4. I'm trying to get an rpm together now, the
> compiler is churning away furiously right now. If I can get it to work
> properly I'll clean up the spec file and see about a quickly put
> together FC4 release. It'll probably be OK for most RH-alikes.

Right, I've got it mostly working now, and retrieving articles etc from
my news server, so *brilliant* work Charles.

How would you like me to send you the rpms for FC4? They're probably a
bit rough-and-ready, but they seem to work fine here.

I can easily send binary and src rpms if you like.

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk

GnuPG key ID DE32E5C5 - http://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html